You can make a difference. There are many ways to give to
make a difference for those who are impacted by poverty.
+ click to read Our donor promise
Through God’s transformational power, we build loving relationships to bring hope to children and families impacted by poverty.
Toronto City Mission places a high value on transparency. Our promise to our supporters is our commitment to our mission statement with strong financial controls to ensure the funds we collect serves those impacted by poverty.
Supporters of Toronto City Mission can have confidence in our organization and its appeals for funds.
Our promise to you:
- To be treated with respect, honesty and openness
- To effectively apply your gifts to use for their intended purposes
- That you can give cheerfully without being pressured by our organization.
- That all appeals for funds are truthful and accurate.
- That we commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence
You have the rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and confidentiality
- To have access to all published financial statements
Our relationship promise to you:
- To receive appropriate thanks and recognition
- To have the right to remain anonymous
- To have the opportunity for your name to be removed from mailing lists and any level of contact from the organization
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers
If you have further questions, please contact us.
Gifts in kind
We need items like crafts, books, electronics, sports equipments, etc to make our programs and office run smoothly. Check our list of needs and donate a gift in kind. A receipt will be issued for the value of the amount.
There are many ways you can make a planned gift to support TCM transform families for generations to come. The gifts can be tailored to your personal and financial goals. There are a number of ways that can save you tax dollars now and in the future.
SEND A KID TO CAMP
For seven weeks each summer TCM provides a week long camp for children where they can have fun, meet friends and experience God’s love. A donation of $100 will help send a kid to camp for a week!
Give the gift of belonging, confidence and faith!
Spread the Word
Tell your friends and family about TCM by hosting a third party event (silent auction, wedding, dinner party, etc). Proceeds raised at your event will benefit TCM. Join now and make an impact! We have created a few items for you to get your event started.
We are certified by the Canadian Council of Christina Charities (CCCC), here are a few things you can expect:
- ACCOUNTABILITY. Certified charities hold themselves accountable to Christ, to governing authorities, to CCCC, to donors, and to the public.
- TRANSPARENCY. Certified charities agree to provide a copy of their most recent audited financial statements to anyone who requests them.
- EXCELLENCE. Certified charities follow a commitment to excellence in resource management, donor relationships, program evaluation, and governance.
- RESPECT. Certified charities recognize that their donors are people. They commit to respecting the interests and dignity of the donor in every interaction.
- RESPONSIVENESS. Certified charities will welcome your questions, respect your complaints, and provide prompt answers.