Opportunities at Toronto City Mission
+ Summer Office Intern
As part of the adminstrative team at Toronto City Mission, the Summer Office Intern supports the Summer Interns working on the frontlines in the communities at Sonshine Day Camp.
Roles and Responsbilities include, but are not limited to:
- Community site visits to take photos and gather stories
- Write stories for TCM publications (newsletters, annual reports, etc) and media
- Research new ways of engaging current supporters and creating stewardship materials
- Data entry for Sonshine Day Camp registration and attendance
- Manage web and social media
- Create a communications calendar for the Summer Interns and manage the Intern webpage.
- Emergency substitution for onsite Summer Interns
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
+ Board Member or Committee Member
COMMITTEE: As part of its governance structure, TCM has a Board of Directors supported by two committees:
Finance and Resource Committee Fundraising Committee These volunteer committees will provide the Board and the Executive Director with expert advice on matters affecting TCM.
BOARD: We are looking for mature Christians who are as passionate about urban ministry and serving at TCM. Ideally the Board candidates will have a desire to learn about one or more of the communities in which we serve. In addition, we are looking for candidates that have some of the following experience:
Good leadership and/or board (corporate or nonprofit)
- Fundraising or marketing
- Finance, legal or general management
- Christian ministry leadership
NOMINATION PROCESS A Nomination Committee made up of a subset of board members will evaluate candidates for the Board and committees. The most qualified candidate will be recommended to the Board for their consideration and appointment. Candidates will be voted in at the Annual General Meeting to be official board or committee members of Toronto City Mission.
Click here for more information and to apply.
Toronto City Mission is an equal opportunity employer.