By Enos Choy (Outreach Worker – Flemingdon Park)
We wrapped up 3 weeks of KIC at our brand new Flemingdon Park site, and it’s been amazing. Here are some highlights for me so far:
- It’s only a 15 min walk from my home: no traffic.
- Our cap of 20 kids filled up within the first week.
- The kids we have are lots of fun, and they put our lessons on “Thankfulness” into practice – one parent remarked that their child said “thank you” for dinner for the first time ever! Plus our kids are amazing dancers.
- We have a group of grade 8 boys who help out with games and cleaning the floors and dishes. They’re amazing! Did I mention they’re boys?
- The townhouse provided to us by Toronto Community Housing has been a great location to help us get off the ground.
With all that being said, I can see how God has blessed us so abundantly and is encouraging us along the way. I have to say, before we launched, I was anxious not knowing who would come to KIC, how the space would work, and what kind of activities would be best for the kids. Well, apparently they like having friends to hang out with and lollipops to suck on, as you’ll see in our video… I’m feeling very thankful for the opportunity to be part of this great program!