Toronto City Mission Statement of Faith
All members of the TCM team join together in affirming the following statement of faith. A condition of permanent employment is the ability to wholeheartedly affirm this statement.
The Toronto City Mission believes that:
1. The canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are "God's Word written inspired, authoritative and trustworthy, sufficient for salvation, living and powerful” as God's guidance for belief and behaviour.
2. There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. Our Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh; we affirm His virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, bodily resurrection, ascension, ongoing mediatorial work, and personal return in power and glory.
4. The salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith apart from works, and is characterized by the regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
5. The Holy Spirit enables believers to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
6. The Church, the Body of Christ, consists of all true believers.
7. Those who accept Christ as Lord and Saviour will spend eternity with God and enjoy His glory and riches.
By filling out your name and date below, you agree to the above statement of faith.
Adopted by the Board of Directors, March 1996 Revised: January 26th, 2006