1. How long have you worked at Toronto City Mission?
I started working for TCM in March 2002—-12 plus years.
2. What is your favourite memory of being at TCM?
Most of the staff (full time and summer) retreat days when I see everyone sitting quietly listening or reflecting on what God is saying to them.
3. What is the biggest lesson you have taken from your years here?
Biggest lesson: When God gives us a vision either to start a new ministry or reach new supporters, God will make it happen according to His timing, which is usually slower than my timing. I have to learn and still learning to WAIT for God’s timing.
4. As you retire (at least for four days), what is one thing you want this community to know/do?
Be in Prayer—Listen to God more; depend on God more; make flexible plans.
5. What do you see for yourself going ahead and how can we pray for you?
I have accepted the position of Chair of the Board at Chinese Gospel Church. Pray that God will sustain me through the journey.
I am also on the Board of Ignite Camp. Pray that the Camp will find the funds to purchase the property it is currently leasing.
Thank you Steve for your service here at Toronto City Mission.