By Stephen Ahn, Outreach Worker – Kingston-Galloway
Christmas is right around the corner and you know what that means… Gingerbread cookies! The TCM theme this December is “Joy”, these cookies will help remind the children to be joyful in this season of celebration.
These are extremely easy to make and prepare!
- Gingerbread cookies (large and small). You can use your favourite recipe, or get an easy recipe here. Tip: If you poke a small hole, about 1/4″ in diameter, at the top of the cookie before baking, you can use the cookie later as an ornament
- Icing. Use your favourite recipe, or get an easy recipe here. Add food colouring if desired.
- Wrapping Paper
- Hand out gingerbread cookies to each student.
- Outline placement of Smarties on the cookie.
- Apply the icing in the appropriate positions of the Smarties. Tip: Spoon icing into a ziploc bag, squeeze the air out of the bag and seal it. Cut a very small hole in one bottom corner of the bag and slowly squeeze the icing out to decorate.
- Let the icing dry. Play a game!
- Wrap gingerbread cookies in wrapping paper.
- Tie each package with a ribbon.
- Hand out and enjoy!